poniedziałek, 18 lipca 2011

Heroes of Newerth Part IV (Community)

Welcome again!
This time i'll tell you about HoN community.
In general, i think HoN's community is one of the worst communities ever. I am dead serious about that(i've made some nasty habits my self playing this game). Make one mistake, and you will be flamed until the end of the game, and even after some people will whisper you with tons of bad words, and excessive rage. But as everywhere there are quite a lot of exceptions. There's been a movement called "Making a difference" for quite a while, and well you can see effects of it. The flame levels have detoriated by far, since closed beta times, where you would get flamed for missing a creep kill or being too slow when buying items. People either don't care anymore, or they just get over it and try to be nice. But still there are a lot of people who think that everyone is perfect, and makes no mistakes while playing. Common issue is blaming everybody for everything. Oh i've been flamed so many times for someone other's death even if it was entirely their fault.
This game is very begginer unfriendly, there are tons of servers named "Noobs in here" and people just buy sub-accounts to stomp new players trying to get the basics. I am a lucky one, since i've learned to play with my friends, but even then when i tried to play on my own to get better, you just get yelled at.
After you get into higher skill games, those badass teens, screaming and swearing seem to fade away. But trust me, getting through the starting area is hell on earth.
Overall it is getting better, but compared to other games communities, this one is bad.

What about you guys? Do you often find your self swearing at montior and slapping keyboard for your own mistakes?(Haha, i do it quite often, but well it's better than yelling at other people :) )

20 komentarzy:

  1. Worth a read. I never react aggresively while playing games though, at least when it comes to breaking stuff in my room. Some good ol' flaming is what I sometimes do. Certain people deserve a slap in the face for acting dumb on the internet, you know...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I do find myself yelling at my monitor once in a while +1 follower

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. i don't think that HoN community is worst ever. played some MMORPG's few years ago. those free games as Mu Online, Kal Online, Metin... everywhere are dumb kids that are crushing fun out of playing game

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. this game sounds fun! followed

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. I've thrown a controller or two in my time.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. It really depends on the game, but yes most of the time I find myself swearing up a storm when im on the losing end. +1 following!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. I definitely do that hehe

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I was planning to get HoN..Hmm..

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. i agree games are WAY more than what they used to be. nice blog followed!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. I like myself some classic games too though.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Named by reddit the worst community lol

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. This is my third monitor in a month!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. i'm not a rage type of gamer. i keep calm and win games hehe ;)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. I used to have lots of gamer rage as a kid but I grew out of most of it.....most of it...hahaha...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. lol@ Slapping monitor, sounds like a great therapy + 1 follower

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. i hate games with awful communities like this

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. The HoN community is an elitist group of DoTA players that feel that they are really good and they all have this competitive edge to it. Im used to it coming from semi pro CS1.6 gaming. Its how it is

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  18. yeah, thats really interesting! +followed

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  19. no matter how, your posts always get my attention! good job!

    OdpowiedzUsuń